Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Footnotes"

On Saturday evening, I took a walk down the road from Catskill Rose (where we were staying). It's very picturesque! It was so peaceful just to watch the water from the Esopus Creek flow over and around the rocks...and to listen to it "babble". The Esopus Creek runs all the way from the mountains, through Saugerties, and out into the Hudson River. It's quite a creek. Sugarland Run reminds me of the Esopus a bit....it too goes on, and on, and on!

On my walk, I also discovered one of the resident artists, Bob. He creates his artwork using a chainsaw and large logs. Of course, once the main shapes are roughed out, he uses more "refined" tools. His artwork is then sanded to a fine finish and varnished. He's quite a character!









I also discovered that there's a fiber artist just down the road from Bob. As I understand it, she's usually around and has her studio open. Unfortunately, everytime I went by, her door was closed. Sigh.

And now, for a few of the lovely mountain and creekside views that I discovered on my walk...

























That evening, for dinner, we tried Tiso's. It's a family owned and operated restaurant just up the road from Catskill Rose. The had a very unusaul manner with which they presented the "menu". There was a total of about 10 dinners to choose from - all written on whiteboards that were then displayed tableside by resting the whiteboard on a chair. Interesting.

I chose the Veal Scallopini and DH had some sort of chicken dish - it was very good. We did have to take some home as we couldn't finish all of it! After dinner, I ordered a "medium" order of expresso. It was wonderful - 2-3 demi-tasses full of rich expresso goodness. But that's not the best part! I found a NEW taste treat. Our waiter came around offering some complimentary Sambuca in the expresso. Of course I accepted the offer - I was curious - I'd never had Sambuca before and had no idea what it tasted like. It was DELICIOUS!!!! I've now discovered a new taste treat for me! Wahoo!





Good Night and Sweet Dreams






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home