Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, May 05, 2008

Marlyland Sheep and Wool - Saturday May 3

What a fabulous day for the Sheep and Wool Show. The weather is absolutely picture perfect! The crowds were huge - as always.

I tried to "behave" this year, but the temptations got the best of me...I succumbed to the "call of the wool". There were several new vendors this year....and I had to sample their wares as well as the "usual" places (Misty Mountain Farm, Ohio Valley Natural Fibers, Little Barn, The Fold, Dancing Leaf Farm.....among MANY others!)

I did meet the authors of "The Shepherd's Rug" by Ann Brown and Letty Klein.









Of COURSE I then had to "rush out" and pick up some "rug wool". The Wensleydale at Ohio Valley Natural Fibers was a perfect choice....and at a fabulous price! (THey also do a fabulous job processing your fibers....I've given them several pounds to wash and card into roving....and have been very pleased!)

I was also tempted by the gorgeous Tilli Thomas silk yarns....with and without beads and had to purchase several skeins. How does that saying go -"You can never have too much money or too much silk"? I also got to meet the talent behind the fabulous yarn - Tracy and Tom. They were both very lovely folks and we chatted for quite some time. It was a real pleasure meeting the artists behind the yarn. I also learned that Tracy and I both knit the same way! How cool is that!

I was TOTALLY exhausted by the end of the day - as were many of the vendors. I caught a lovely "mother - daughter" moment at the Misty Mountain Farm booth - Leanna and her Mom were "resting" after a VERY busy day! (The picture is a bit dark because of the early evening "back lighting" by the sun.)

(You definitely need to check them out if you love Finn and Mohair - they have a wonderful selection of natural colors as well as dyed locks. I've spindle spun some of the locks...and they spin like a dream!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home