Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, May 01, 2008

More Fiber Adventures


At last week's knitting guild meeting, Yvonne showed the finished blanket she'd made for a friend who's graduating from college. It's absolutely stunning!



Oh...while I was chatting about my trip to NY during meeting, I happened to mention the Sambuca I had tried....and how yummy it was. Leslie then told me there was both black and white Sambuca....and the black is actually more like a deep purple. Hmmm....I mentioned that to DH, and voila, what should appear at home Saturday evening? You guessed it....a lovely bottle of Black Sambuca!

Last Saturday, Jean stopped in at Nature's Yarns and had Tiffany continue working on a bobbin lace pattern she'd started earlier in the week. I'm just amazed at the whole process. I sat there in awe as I watched her flick the bobbins over-and-under-and-side-to-side. Whew! It made me dizzy just watching her!













Sadly, it's the end of the cherry blossoms for the year....here's a closeup from Monday this week.




Then, by Tuesday, the blossoms were dropping like snow....and by the end of the day, the walkway was totally carpeted with the tender pink blossoms.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    You know I have a bobbins and a lace pillow for years and I still haven't figured it out. SO intimidating for me.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I'm just amazed at how fast Tiffany learned it! Like you, I'm a bit intimidated by it!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mm, Sambuca.

    Eee, look at those blossoms. Gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home