Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wahoo! The Shawl is FINISHED!

Last week was a great week for me. I FINALLY finished the purple and green wool shawl out of "Loopy" from Dancing Leaf Farm. It's loopy mohair, so it has a really nice sheen....the hand-dyed colors are so vibrant! I finished fringing the shawl on Saturday - I was so happy! This is the same shawl I'd started multiple times and really didn't like the shape/size or "look" of it with the needle size I used. I settled on a size 13 circular needle - I love the resulting the drape of the fabric and the final size of the shawl. I finished the top edge of the shawl with a single crochet to make it a bit more stable.

I also got to see my friend's finished shawl. Kathleen wove this on the large triangle loom at Nature's Yarns and then knitted on a lace edge. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the final shawl - the edging really sets it off. Great job Kathleen!




My friend Paula stopped by last Wednesday bringing me a wonderful surprise - 3 little hedgies to "guard" my flowers on my front steps. I'm not sure if I'll leave them there or if I'll move them to my deck so they can "guard" the tomatoes! I LOVE hedgies!




On Thursday, four of us from the Reston SnB met for "dinner, knitting, and a movie". We had a wonderful dinner at Clyde's - Wild Salmon was one of their specials - mmmmm! Then it was off to the cinema with our knitting bags in tow to knit during the opening credits and previews. We had a fabulous time watching "Sex and the City" - we laughed, we cried, we knit! Last Friday was the "Stitch and Pitch" at National's Stadium - unfortunately, I couldn't work that into my schedule.

Oh...and my mom finally sent me a tracing of her foot so I can use it as a pattern when I make more bed socks for her! She's already worn out the ones I made her this past Christmas and requested another pair. I was already planning to make her a pair as "Part III" of her Mother's Day gifts.

Remember "Part II" of Mother's day? I sent her the knitted wash cloths and soap sacks all wrapped up in the same box that I sent dad's Father's Day gifts....she was ALL excited when she felt the package and was SURE that they were the bed socks she'd asked for. I reminded her that she promised to send me a tracing of her foot so I could gauge the length better. Guess what!?! She sent me the tracing right away - now I've started on her latest pair of bed socks in Suri Merino by Plymouth. I hope to have them completed by the time I visit mom and dad in mid July - she'll be so happy!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well done on the shawl>>>>gorgeous colours

    Enid

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks! (And thanks as well for the great tip about using a second needle to check the width of the shawl - it saved a bunch of time!)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely shawl!

    Also, tracing of foot. Why don't I ever think of things like that?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home