Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, June 15, 2008

And Now for Some Knitting Updates

I "thought" I'd finished the shawl out of "Loopy" from Dancing Leaf Farm, but that was before I took it off the needles and put it on waste yarn. It's MUCH too short and MUCH too dense....and a bit on the wide side (left - before ripping it out). So, it was back to the drawing board as I gently ripped it out to start again. This time, I'm doing it on a size 13 - that should make it loose enough to please me....and also allow for the length I want (initial progress - right).

This time, I'm armed with Enid's tip about knitting part of it off onto another size 13 and laying it out with the shawl across both needles so I can look at the total length without creating more work for myself! No time wasted with waste yarn and no guessing! At this point, I'm just over 1/2 way done.....I'm only doing a couple of rows per day, but I should be done with the knitting later this week.

I finally took photos of the wash cloths and soap sacks that I made for my mom. Yes, it WAS part of her Mother's Day Gifts...but I didn't get them in the mail until last Wednesday when I sent dad's Father's Day Gift. Mom was thrilled with the gifts and loves the stitching of the wash cloths and the scent of the soaps. (Pattern - Fiber Trends "Bathing Beauties")

HOWEVER.....she THOUGHT that I'd been "tricky" and sent her a new pair of bed socks with a single sock in two separate packages with "something hard" (the soap) packed with them to keep her from recognizing them as socks! LOL! I really DID trick her as neither were bed socks after all! I do plan to make her another pair of bed socks as she's worn out the previous pair. However, I still need the "tracing" of her foot that she'd promised to send!



I finally settled on a color for my Goddess Knits Mystery shawl - "Peacock". It's a deep teal (I love teal.....and it's a nice change from my usual obsession with purple!!!) The fiber is the Zephyr 50% Merino/50% silk lace weight yarn - I just love the sheen!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    *hugs* on the shawl. It's not fun frogging.

    Love the bathing beauties! And that peacock is fabulous! :)

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks Kai....I hate frogging!

    Now...if I could just find some time to work on the shawl....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home