Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, July 18, 2008

Hobby Lobby!

Wow! I've heard so many folks chatting about going to the "Hobby Lobby" - I've NEVER been to one.....until today! It was FABULOUS! A "Hobby Lobby" opened in Mom and Dad's town this May...and it's REAL close to their house.
The store is fabulous! It has some of the same yarns as AC Moore and Michaels, but also some additional brands that I haven't seen before. I did buy some nice acrylics for making charity afghans.....and perhaps one for myself (I really liked the colors!)


The shop has a great fabric section. I found lots of incredible bargains on many cotton prints - perfect for lining felted bags! Some of the fabric was 30-40% off! I picked up a "coffee" themed print and an Indian basket themed print (in mainly browns). They also had a fabulous deal ($2.00/yard) on many floral prints. I found some gorgeous ones in deep purples, reds, and teals. Of course I had to get a few yards of each - what a great price for lining material!

The entire store is just jam packed full of every possible item I'd need for crafting - a great complement to the specialty stores that carry the yarns, spinning supplies, and weaving supplies that I need! I didn't purchase much, but I took a quick stroll through the entire store....just to get the "flavor" of what they carry. I've come to the conclusion that between my favorite local yarn shops and the Hobby Lobby store, I'd be all set! I wonder if they'll ever open a store on the east coast???

In addition to the wonderful assortment of craft supplies, they carry a wide variety of home decor items - baskets, candle stands, pillows, and even some furniture! My mind was on overload thinking of all the ways I could redecorate my home! But first, I need to organize my collection of yarns and rovings.....or pare it down to a manageable amount - there's no room to decorate when your entire home is a "display" of rovings, yarns, and works in progress!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Lucky girl! Someday, I'll get to a Hobby Lobby.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Went to my first one a couple of weeks ago. I agree, great selection. Now, if the store only had had signs on the aisles telling me what was in each aisle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home