Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy July 4th!

It's Independence Day! Wahoo! A wonderful summer holiday that we all look forward to - cookouts, getting together with friend, and a day off of work to knit! What could be better?

I managed to finish a new pair of bedsocks for my mom this morning - she'll be thrilled! Now I just need to wash and block them...then hand deliver them to her when I go to the family reunion in mid-July. I'm sure she'll be pleased! (I'd probably better start on another pair or two just to make sure she always has a pair!)


Tomorrow, I'll probably concentrate on my Sockotta socks as well as hopefully start my Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl - so far, I've got the yarn and the needles. I just need to find some knitting time!


I ventured out to Misty Mountain Farm last weekend to pick some shuttles for my rigid heddle loom. Of course, I couldn't leave without purchasing some fabulous hand-dyed silk from Blue Ridge Yarns. Leanna has such a keen eye for color! I love the sheen and the colors that burst forth from this incredible yarn. Leanna designed a fabulous scarf that highlights this yarn, the "Silk Shimmer Scarf". It's definitely on my "to-do" list! Hopefully, both this and the Cleopatra Shawl will be easy enough to work on while riding the Metro!

One other thing. My friend Elizabeth found a fabulous bag pattern on the web. It's very detailed so you can customize it using the pattern of your choice. The designer has made it available for anyone - part of helping the world go "green".....one bag at a time. You can read about the project here and then follow the link to the pattern. I'm definitely going to make one or two of these for myself. Hmmm....perhaps it will be a "green Christmas" this year???

3 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Happy belated 4th of July!

    Love the bedsocks, you're mum will be really chuffed with them! Love the yarn as well. :)

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    I think I met those socks on the Mall! I really like Blue Ridge's Jubilee yarn. The colors are just scrumptious! What are you weaving on your RH loom?

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I'm working on a scarf out of teal mohair and some "Dune" - also in teal. It's been painful. The "Dune" yarn is double stranded and catches all the time.....I'm only about 1/3 of the way done with the scarf!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home