Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, July 21, 2008

Favorite Traveling Project

Hmmm....the SP12 Question this time is:

What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

That's a toughy. I over pack the knitting just like I do everything else. However, for travel, I ALWAYS make sure I have at least one sock project and one "sock project to be". They have lots of "straight work" on both the cuff and the foot which makes it nice for traveling. They also fit very nicely into even the smallest of bags....especially with the "Work in Progress" tubes - like the one shown below. The tubes are great! They keep your project compact and serve double duty to protect your DPNs and to keep your stitches on the needles without slipping off - a definite bonus when traveling!


Another good project for travel is a felted bag. It usually has a lot of straight knitting on large needles. It's a nice relaxing project to work on while on vacation. I think that's the key for vacation and travel projects - they either have to be compact or easy.....or both!

I always try to make sure that I have more than one project with me - after all, I never know what I'll feel like working on at any given moment, so it's best to have a variety to choose from. Also, I live in fear of being "stranded without knitting" - another reason for bringing more than one project with you.

Needless to say, I've brought several different projects with me on my trip - socks (1 WIP, 1 project-in-waiting), wash cloths (1 project-in-waiting), scarves (2 projects in waiting), and a felted bag (WIP). I am currently more than half done with the second Sockotta sock - hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the day and I can start on the next sock project in "Galaxy". Or....perhaps I'll work on the Skully felted bag that I brought along. Decisions, decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home