Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Threadbear and "Wicked"

Yesterday, DD accompanied me to Threadbear for another yarn expedition! She (fortunately) brought her computer with her and sat at one of the tables to work on her Chemistry papers...leaving me lots of shopping time!


This place is absolutely huge! It takes so long to look through everything that it's almost overwhelming! The first shot shows most of the 3+ rows of sock yarn (back and front of each row)...every kind you can imagine! Talk about sock heaven! The second shot attempts to show the depth of the store - nearly impossible as there are so many twists and turns and displays! Trust me when I say it's HUGE!











I managed to catch several fabulous deals and picked up some interesting hand turned drop spindles while I was there. I also bought some Lorna's Laces roving...yummy!!!! The colorway won't surprise anyone who knows me...LOL!


I "stepped out of the box" and bought some relatively bright coral Malabrigo lace weight yarn as well as more Jojoland....I'm just addicted to the stuff. I do have an excuse though. Threadbear had some patterns I hadn't seen before for the Jojoland "Harmony", so I HAD to pick up some just for those patterns. I noticed that their supply of Jojoland was relatively low as it's a VERY popular yarn!

Of course, the resident "yarn" dogs, Tate and Busby (the beagle), were absolutely adorable. I managed to catch a few shots of them wandering about the store.





Tate initially hid under a table...just as he did last summer. Busby was much more interested in the camera!





Both dogs are VERY friendly and an absolute delight to play with! (Tate loves to give kisses...and both love attention!)




Once Tate warmed up, though, he definitely liked to pose! This shot was just too cute for words!






Busby was constantly flitting from toy-to-toy...and is a very animated beagle!

Once we left Threadbear, we went to the city market. I caught this shot of the state capital on the way there - I LOVE how the flag is "showing it's colors"!

Wicked

I ended the evening with a fabulous dinner and a show with my DD and her boyfriend, Troy. We had a very filling meal at "Bravos!" followed by the Broadway musical, Wicked. My DD treated us to the show - and it was fabulous! I can't say enough good things about the show - it was simply FANTASTIC! If you haven't seen it yet, it's definitely a "must see". The music and acting were superb. The show was held at the Wharton Center on the MSU campus and my DD had selected PERFECT seats - right in the middle and far enough back that you could take it all in! Thanks Nicki!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am totally salivating over that yarn shop. I was looking for a "zoom" button, so I could see everything up close. Sounds like you had a fun time.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    I'm SO jealous! I've wanted to go to Threadbear for the longest time! You lucky, lucky girl!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ... If I went in there, I'd never come out.

    Also! Precious puppies. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home