Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Michigan Here I Come!

Yesterday morning I left for Lansing, Michigan to visit my DD. I managed to catch a nice cloud shot on I-94 and a farm scene just outside Lansing on Rt. 69. It was a pretty drive with very little traffic once again.

I was a bit tired after the drive, so we just lazed around. I worked on my skully tote bag - one of the Knitty.com patterns. Just as I thought, the stitch markers that I got from my Ravelry secret pal for the Kool-aid exchange were the perfect size for the large needles I'm using for this project!



I also checked out DD's garden - she's got a great tomato plant and peppers....as well as a small herb garden.





DD harvested some of her tomatoes and checked on her green peppers. Look at all the tomatoes she has! She picked 8 ripe ones and has many more soon to be ripe on the vine. (We had some of the tomatoes and her fresh basil in our eggs this morning...yum!)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those tomato plants look awesome! I also like the picker!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    You're practically in my neighborhood (or you were...I know I'm commenting a bit late)! Well, on the way between my house and my mom's, anyway. :-) Lots of good yarnie fun to be had in Lansing.

    Your DD's tomatoes look great. Mine are nowhere close to ripe yet....I'll be waiting another month before I can eat them, probably. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home