Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Knitting Progress

Last week, I finally finished the knitting portion of the Skull Knitting Tote. All that's left now to do is to attach the handles and felt it! I really like how this turned out - I just wish it were bigger. It will shrink down quite a bit, but it will still make a nice "sock project bag" or "scarf project bag".

I've worked some on my socks as I commute on the Metro, though most of the time, it's been a bit too crowded to knit. The news said there were a record 21 million riders on the Metro for the month of July - more than ever in the 32 year history of the system! I do listen to knitting podcasts as I ride though...there's always room enough to get out the iPod!


I've also started a scarf in the Chevron pattern from one of the gals in the Angel Yarns Forum. I love it! It's such a simple pattern, yet it looks very elegant. The yarn is hand-dyed by a friend of mine - don't you just LOVE the purple colorway?


Oh.....speaking of purple, I just got my new computer - fabulous new job....fabulous new computer....I love it! When I ordered my new computer, I was thrilled to death to find out that Dell offered many colors choices....and one of them was purple! How cool is that?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Love the skull bag! Cool!

    And I love the new laptop colour... very funky indeed. :)

    How's the new job going?

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger cathy said…

    Wow, pretty nice hand-dyeing job. BTW, it was entertaining to hear about your trip, and that LYS store (with dog) that you visited looked great!

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    The purple yarn is beautiful, will make a lovely scarf

     

Post a Comment

<< Home