Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Long Trip Home

Alas...it was time for the long drive home. The latter part of my journey will have lots of gorgeous scenery as I'll be leaving the "flatlands" of the Midwest and returning to the rolling hills and mountains of the East Coast.

It's a long drive, so I had to start out quite early as I wanted to arrive back home in time for dinner - DH promised to take me out to my favorite kebab place, Sorrento Grill. It was a bit hazy as I pulled out of Lansing, so the sunrise wasn't nearly as spectacular as I had hoped!


My long drive through the "flatlands" was rewarded in Pennsylvania as the majesty of the mountains and the hilly roads started to envelope me. The pretty sites continued through Maryland as well.



The "Welcome to West Virginia" sign was a very welcome site....just a few more miles until Virginia and the beautiful mountain scenes provided by the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountains.




Ah.....home again! The very welcoming "Virginia" sign - this means that I'm just over an hour from home, so I'm almost there!






As I continue down Rt. 81, I see some beautiful "hills" off in the distance - the Blue Ridge Mountains perhaps?




The final stretch of the drive along Rt. 7 was also very pretty. One of the farms had baled their hay in the round mounds - I love how that looks! The farms and the views of the Shenandoah River are so inviting and full of natural beauty!






























I finally arrived home. I was greeted by a lovely yellow rose on one of my rose bushes and lots of tail wags and kisses from my dog. DH was quite happy to see me as well! It's SO good to be home!




After quickly unpacking and having dinner at Sorrento, I decided to try to get some knitting done in spite of how tired I was. There's just something soothing and relaxing about a couple of sticks and some string - it's a great way to unwind after a long trip. I managed to get quite a bit done - I nearly finished the pattern portion of the Skull Knitting Tote. Now I just have the easy part left....knitting the base of the bag, knitting the straps, and attaching them to the bag. Then, it's off to the washing machine for felting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home