Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Knitting Progress...Yes, there is some!

Believe it or not, I've even made some knitting progress - in spite of all the time spent dyeing, visiting fiber farms, yarn tasting, spinning, etc. All these activities is also why I got so woefully behind on my blog! It's either knit/spin/play-with-fiber or post on my blog. Obviously, since I've gone so long without a post because I chose to knit/spin/play-with-fiber!

First off, I FINALLY got around to sewing "Skully" together in preparation for felting. Skully is made from a double strand of "Aussie Wool" that I purchased at Nature's Yarns. I followed the instructions of the pattern designer and attached the handles in a tubular way rather than sewing them on flat through both layers of the handle. (The pattern for "Skully" is the Hello Yarn Felted Knitting Tote.)



I also completed the knitting portion of a bag I started on 8/30. It's a felted bag using some Caron "Felt-It" yarn that I'd picked up for $1.50 per skein at "Big Lots" in Illinois this past summer. I finished knitting it on Saturday (9/6) and sewed it together in preparation for felting last evening. I used 6 skeins to make the bag - that's an unbelievable materials cost of $9.00! If it felts nicely and I'm pleased with the final dimensions, I'll post the instructions on how to make it.

I completed this face cloth and soap sack on Saturday - only 1 week after I started them! I used the Fiber Trends "Bathing Beauties" pattern and Glaciar cotton yarn from Aslan Trends. I think I need to make these for Christmas gifts - they're pretty, practical, and for a handcrafted project knit up quite fast!

On Tuesday, I got together with some other spinners and spun about half a bobbin of the white and red mohair I bought on Labor Day. I really like how it's turning out. Sorry...no photos of that yet.


I even managed to get in some "Metro knitting" and am well on my way to completing the foot of my Galaxy sock. This is the first sock, so I still have quite a ways to go before I have a complete pair...but it's a start!


Finally, I thought I'd share a picture of the pin I made for my swap partner in one of the Ravelry swaps - it's "Tink the Knitting Angel". She's supposed to "watch over" my pal and keep away any bad knitting vibes...and hopefully reduce the need for "tinking" or "frogging"!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have been really busy. Isn't it amazing how it all seems to come together. Good luck with your felting will be interesting to see the finished product.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home