Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fabulous Solomon's Island

Wow! I feel like I've died and gone to heaven! The weekend of September 28th and 29th of September was gloomy and rainy on the the outside due to the residual effects of hurricane Hannah. BUT...when you're invited to Solomon's Island to a lovely Victorian house right on the water, somehow, the weather just doesn't seem gloomy any more.




The views from all the rooms were absolutely fabulous as well. The numerous fireplaces and the decor made it a very cozy place. As you can see, my room was absolutely gorgeous! It's just one of several fabulous bedrooms in this 3 story "Nirvana".





I was also intrigued by the fabulous architectural details within the house. I LOVED the stairway! And I fell in love with all the gorgeous pressed tin ceilings. What a fabulous place!















I spent the entire weekend in the company of 6 other fellow knitters and spinners enjoying the views and the fabulous company in a very elegant house. The hostess, Marie, is also a fabulous cook and prepared 5-Star meals for us all weekend!



The front of the house has a gorgeous enclosed porch overlooking the water. We spent Saturday afternoon and early evening knitting with the water as a soothing backdrop. What a fabulous way to relax!













Late in the afternoon, we went to a fabulous little yarn shop in Leonardtown - Crazy for Ewe. The front of the store boasts a flock of hand-painted sheep. Isn't it gorgeous? Inside was a treasure trove of various yarns...including many brands I'd never heard of. I managed to snag some lovely wools called "Rustic Wool" as well as some incredibly soft Alpaca for a scarf. If you're ever in the area, you definitely need to stop in!

Saturday evening, we all gathered in the dining room to chat and knit until the wee hours of the morning. Rachyl and I spent most of the evening spinning. She has some lovely singles that she was going to ply and I finished filling one bobbin of the "Cherry Kissed Justin" mohair that I have earmarked for a holiday shrug. Most of us didn't make it to be until 1:30 am! Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Sunday was a bit brighter, and we saw numerous boats out on the water. I started my day sitting on the porch in my PJ's looking at the calm water and knitting away on my Galaxy socks. I managed to finish them by noon, so I now have a finished object! Wahoo! I even managed to start on a pair of bedsocks out of Alpaca silk for my mom!

Sadly, this wonderful weekend had to come to an end....but the memories of the fabulous time I had will stay with me for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home