Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Magic Ball

In the "Monthly Adventures" Ravelry group, we do an exchange of some sort every month. This month, it was the "Magic Ball" exchange. I had to select goodies for my exchange partner that included stuff from the state where I reside...yarns, snacks, trinkets, etc. Then we were to select a yarn that we really like and wrap it around all the goodies, "hiding" them within the yarn ball.

When our partner receives our "Magic Ball", she is to unwind it to reveal all her goodies. The next step is to take the yarn that she unwound and knit a scarf for me from a pattern of their choice. How cool is that? I sent my partner Blue Heron Yarn in the Antique Copper colorway out of beaded wool.

The goodies I received (above) are fabulous! I love it all - especially the Soapstone oil burner with the cranberry scent. Mmmmm.....it smells delicious! The yarn is a cotton wool blend - it will make the perfect pair of socks to go with jeans! The yarn she wants a scarf made out of is a varigated gold Malabrigo....it's soooo soft! I'm definitely going to enjoy knitting her scarf out of this! (Worsted weight yarn with a total of 432 yards, so I'll have LOTS of options!) Now, if I can just find the right pattern......any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a fantastic idea for an exchange! More creative than just "pack up a box of yarn and goodies", although there's nothing wrong with that, either. =D

    Hmm, pattern. What about something like this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mabels-scarf It'd be so warm and squishy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home