Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The ULTIMATE Trade!

Wow! At the "Whisperwood Irregulars" (the rather "irregular" name for one of the spinning groups I belong to), we have a new spinner, Gabriella. She's been to the Knit Knutz knitting group a few times, but I had no idea she was a spinner.

I just LOVE how she got her spinning wheel. She LITERALLY traded a motorcycle for her Ashford Traditional spinning wheel. Is that fabulous or what????? Nothing like trading one set of wheels for another, eh? (As you can see from the background, our meeting place is held in a very "fibery place" - my friend Lissa's fiber studio....you can see lots of wool, fibers, another wheel, and all kinds of fiber related gear and books in the background.



I finally finished my first skein for the "Spin to Knit" swap. I just need to set the twist and ship it off. Then, I need to start planning the February skein. (Sorry, still no details to reveal as it needs to remain "anonymous" for now.)

I managed to knit some more on my mom's scarf......only ten rows, but at least I'm making progress. I've also started working on the Noni bag ("Night Garden Felted Evening Bag") that I'm making for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society auction. I need to "frog" the sides though because I'm not happy at all with how I picked up the stitches around the base.....and I want it to be perfect!

One final bit of news - three of us are planning a "Knit-a-long" for the Swallow Tail shawl starting February 1. I'm real excited about that. My secret pal from SP9 had sent me some purple Baby Silk and the pattern back in early December, and I've been wanting desperately to start it....and now, I have the project "scheduled"! Wahoo! But first, I really need to finish up the projects that are for others......so I can knit on my shawl without guilt!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! i can't wait to see your swallowtail shawl... it really is a fun and easy knit, but looks so intricate.

    have fun :)

    SP9

     

Post a Comment

<< Home