Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Knitting New Year's Eve

What a way to end the year - a bunch of us knitting away at our local Starbucks! Fiber and coffee - Wahoo! (Pardon the quality of the pictures - it's the first time I used the camera, and I couldn't review the photos - I didn't have the manual with me - so some of the "victims" were turned away from the camera at the time of the photo, but I didn't realize it. I even cropped a couple of pictures so I could try to get the best parts of the two photos....so Debbie gets to be featured in two pictures!) What can I say....we're knitters, not models and photographers!














First Picture(front to back): Kathleen is in the foreground - I believe she's knitting a top for a formal occasion; Gabriella is knitting away on a combo cardigan/shrug/scarf - I forget the "official" name of what she's knitting, but it's a really cool combination; Sarah is knitting her bright and cheerful kitchen rug, Elizabeth is finishing up the "snuggle blanket" to be snuggled by a homeless pet (what a fabulous charity - the Snuggle project!); Lissa is loving the colors of the new top she's knitting but not too thrilled about the "small" (size 5 or 6) needles; and finally Susan is attempting to "tame" the lace edges of her shrug.

Second Picture (front to back): Ruth is modeling her fabulous crocheted shawl (which can double as a blanket as needed) and her crocheted cap. Danielle is exhausted from all the holiday company and not knitting today, but couldn't resist stopping by to say "Hi" to all her knitting buddies.













Third Picture(from right to left): Carol is in the throws of the "most hated part of knitting" - the part where the knitting is done, but now you have to piece, stitch, and graft to complete the project - which is a gorgeous natural colored sweater for her mom; Karen is busily working on the scarf for a sister-in-law(?) - I believe this is one of those projects where someone said, "Oh, wow! Can you make me one too?"; and finally Debbie is knitting an adorable beaded amulet bag - on size 00 or 0000 needles!

Fourth Picture (from right to left): Debbie again (isn't she photogenic?); Starla is knitting a basket-weave scarf for herself - in purple, of course; and finally me - I'm trying to finish up a late Christmas present for a very dear friend - it's in dark blue Inca Alpaca (it's the ONLY Christmas knitting I committed to....and it STILL didn't get done!)

Happy New Year Eveyone! See you next year!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year, sweetie. You really captured the fun of the day! And thanks again for the prezzies - you have a nose for what I just LOOOVE!

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home