Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, December 09, 2006

And FINALLY, Some Spinning and Knitting!

I FINALLY managed to work in a bit of spinning. It's been WAY too long. I decided to take a break for a while this week and worked some more on the blue wool blended with recycled denim. It's really nasty stuff to spin - rather short fibers and the denim fibers cause it to be a very lumpy yarn when plied.

I managed to finish the second bobbin and was able to ply 2 full skeins. Now I have a grand total of 4 skeins! I think I've spun at least half, it not 2/3 of the roving now, so I need to start "planning" the project...decisions, decisions!

Oh....I forgot to post the picture of the finished Alpaca bed socks (finished and delivered to my daughter in mid-November). I know, I know.....they look like little kid socks....but they really DO fit an adult foot! Honest!



Progress on my Claudia socks has been slow. I've FINALLY turned the heel while at a guild meeting, but with a track record of about 10 rows every 2 weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll EVER get them done!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    You know I was wondering about that recycled denim stuff. On one hand it sound so nice, but on the other bluch. So great, note to self, I wouldnt be able to spin it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home