Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rhinebeck, Here I Come!!!!

Well, I'm off to Rhinebeck this weekend! I'm so excited. It will be the first time I've been to the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival. I've been to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds many times to attend the Dutchess County Fair when I was growing up...but never for the Sheep and Wool Festival.

Several of my friends are going as are many of my favorite vendors from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival (as if I didn't buy enough wool and yarn there!!!!) Some definite stops include Linda at "Misty Mountain Farm" and Toni at "The Fold".

(PS - just across the river, if you head north on Rt. 9W, there's a fabulous homemade candy store in Saugerties - the town where I grew up. Just after you make a right after crossing the bridge over the Esopus Creek, as you head up Partition St., you'll see Krause's Candy Store on the right (you're still following Route 9W, but once in town, it's also called Partition St. If you're in the area, it's DEFINITELY worth the stop!) If you click on the link, you can see the store hours, directions, etc.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    I'm green with envy! Enjoy!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a marvelous time, dear!

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I can't wait to see the pictures and read all the gorey details of it!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hope you have a great time :) can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

    -your secret pal :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home