Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, September 08, 2006

Even MORE Spoiled Than Originally Thought!

Whew! How embarrassing. I went to put away my stash from my secret pal, and dummy me....I noticed it was a bit too heavy to be just a tin. In my haste the other evening, I didn't look INSIDE the Betty Boop Tin! There were MORE goodies inside! I have two skeins of eyelash yarn (in purple) - "Flutter" and a sticky pad in the shape of my initial, "J". Thanks again Mia! Sorry for the delayed acknowledgment!

Spinning - I finished 6 hours of spinning this past week. I plied another skein of the white Blue Faced Leicester....all I have to do now is wind it off, then ply yet another skein! I'm getting near the end of the BFL I bought from Toni at "The Fold". I even managed to make 1/2 hr. of my spinning time "spindle time".....with the same generic brown wool that I've been working on for "oh-so-long"!

Knitting - I finished the second "Fearless Fiber" mock cable sock....so I now have a complete pair! I started the second "Pretty Petals" sock in the Tess handpaints - I've completed the ribbing and 1 1/3 repeats of the pattern. I hope to have a finished pair by the end of the weekend. Then, it's back to the lilac Wildefoot socks......I'm going to do the second one on size 0 needles and see if I like that better. Then, I'll just re-do the first one. I REALLY love the pattern, it's just that the way I knit, it's too loose and baggy....especially around the ankles. Started AND finished "Fireside Socks" for my mom out of multi-colored purple, red, blue, and off-white "Iceland" - these are "bed socks" for her to keep her tootsies warm during the cold midwest winters. She picked the pattern and the yarn.....hope she likes the finished results!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    You are your own little yarn sweatshop with all the spinning you get done.

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL! Spinning is my "excuse" for relaxing in front of TV or watching a movie - I'm accomplishing something rather than idly wasting my time. Plus, it's really relaxing and is a great "de-stresser".

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    If you're not careful, you're going to turn purple!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL! I see no problem with that...one can never have enough purple!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home