Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oh What a Wonderful "Secret Summer Santa"

This is so exciting - I've NEVER received a package from the UK before and today, I received a WONDERFUL package from my "Secret Summer Santa".

I can't believe all the wonderful goodies that I received.....and it smelled wonderful too! (I was sniffing the package all the way from the mailbox to my front door....I think my neighbors think I'm a bit off!!!!)

Here's the pictures - wrapped and unwrapped:


I just love my presents! My secret pal did a fantastic job "stalking" me - she knows I love chocolate and purple! All my presents were wrapped in purple paper too!

I just love the BFL yarn....it's sooo soft and the perfect color too! I'm not sure what I'll make....there's enough here for me to tackle any number of projects! The chocolates look wonderful.....but I don't want to spoil my dinner by getting into them just yet. The "wonderful smell" that I discovered is from the French Lavender scented candles (purple, of course!). Lets, see....oh....I also got some wonderful pins - this is great as I can't really "pack" my pin cushion in with my knitting, but these pins have a flat "case" that will fit nicely in my notions bag! Finally, there was a little box with some fabulous finishing touches....some pink satin roses and some purple star buttons. Secret Summer Santa....did you make the buttons? If so, I'm truly impressed! I love them! Now I need to find a project worthy of these wonderful embellishments! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The final bit...guessing who my "Secret Summer Santa" is. Hmmmm....my clues were 2 postcards.....one of the Priory Church in Malvern and one of Worcestershire Beacon and Sugar Loaf Hill. I'm guessing it's "Liverbird"....am I right????

UPDATE - My "Secret Summer Santa IS Liverbird!!!! Thanks again for the wonderful gifts!

Many thanks to Tess and Klyve of Angel Yarns for hosting Angel Yarns Forum and allowing us to host our "Secret Summer Santa" and thanks to Bertie and Bronte for organizing it!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Badger said…

    Such pretty colours - I can't wait for my secret summer santa gift to arrive!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness - would Liverbird adopt me, too???

    It was great to see you yesterday!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Catknit said…

    what a lucky thing you are, such wonderful gifts, although mine was fab too, any ideas yet for a project from it?

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I have no idea what to make, Catknit. It's a nice amount of yarn, so I have tons of projects to choose from. I need to spend an afternoon looking through my patterns to find just the right one! First, though, I need to finish my Bertie Scarf and my Maple Leaf Socks! (I'm a bit behind on the Knit-a-longs). Yes...I'm very lucky - I had a wonderful "Secret Summer Santa". Can't wait for "Knitoween"!!!!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucky lady to get such great gifts! I'm so jealous of the British chocolate :)

    ~sp8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home