Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thank you Paula!!!!














My friend, Paula, is just amazing! She's so talented! We agreed to a "swap" - she would paint a stool for me and I was to make the felted Brainwash Bag for her. I was definitely the one who got the prize - the stool is absolutely magnificent! It's the perfect height to act as a little table - for holding your beverage (on a coaster, of course!), a novel, or a pattern that you're currently knitting.

The level of detail is phenomenal. I love hedgehogs....there is a KNITTING hedgehog on it! She celebrated my Norwegian descent with a knitted Norwegian flag and Coat of Arms. There are also little details on the shelves...like coffee cups (I'm the java queen), little sheep (with the name of my blog), a drop spindle full of yarn, etc. The Tailor is even evident at a spinning wheel!

She's even written a poem - one line on each leg of the stool:

Cast on friends who smile,
The hours busily spun -
The sky will be fairisle
With a warm intarsia sun.

Such attention to detail! She's captured both my heritage and my hobbies. These pictures just do not do it justice....there is even "stitch by stitch" detail on the knitted flag! I just love it!!!! Thanks! (Be sure to "click" on the picture to get a closer view!)

Spinning update - I've managed to work in 5 3/4 hrs. of spinning this week....in addition to my regularly schedule bi-weekly spinning sessions. I've finished spinning and plying all the coral colored Merino. The big question is, what to spin next? Hmmmm....what a dilemma!

Maple leaf socks - I've completed the 6th repeat of the pattern......thinking about starting the heel flap now.

Bertie-A-Long - I've made great progress on the scarf! (It's about time!) On Sunday, I had to rip back about 25 rows due to a very obvious error. Today, I only had to rip back 2 stitches....that was easy. My other mistake is VERY hard to see.....and since I'd made so little progress early on, I decided I could live with that one! Perfhaps it will be a "finished object" by the end of the month! Keep your finger's crossed!

Oh... I spent a LOVELY day at Misty Mountain Farm on Monday.....fondling yarns and fibers. They have some gorgeous handpaints! I even went up to the barn to see the goats and the Finn sheep.....and the resident Llama with the eyelashes that just don't quit! Oh...the dogs and puppies captured my heart as well!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    Love it! What a wonderful job she did!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    That is indeed a piece of art! I hope the artist signed it. I love Misty Mtn - it's just up the road from me!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How envious am I that I didn't get to go!

    That stool is amazing, but then, so is the bag you made. Looks like win-win to me.

    Lissa

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    That stool is gorgeous. When I made the pic bigger was awed. And I love the mouse spinning! One the hand, a stupid rodent is spinning fine yarn and I can barely get my wheel to turn.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL!!! Polly - Are you still having problems with the Suzy Pro? If it makes you feel better, we can always believe that the little mouse is "faking" it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home