Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Noni Bag Is Done!

I am so pleased with how this came out! I love it! The design is wonderful...and the flowers are so versatile....I envision myself using them to embellish other bags.














I've made a bit of progress on my Bertie scarf. I ripped out two rows to correct how I handled the beads and then proceeded to knit 14 rows. After looking at it, I realized I didn't like how the SKP looked - I'd used "slip as if to purl". So....I ripped it all out and re-worked it. This time, I used "slip as if to knit". I like it MUCH better!










I've finally made a little more progress with the Maple Leaf KAL sock - I ripped out both the versions on the size 2 (too big) and the size 1. The size 1 had the same issue as my Bertie scarf....I didn't like how the SKP looked. On this latest "re-work", I've completed 3 repeats of the maple leaf and am 1 row from completing the 4th one. It look soooo much better using "slip as if to knit"!











As for week 3 of the Summer Spinning Challenge.....I managed to get in 5 1/2 hours working on the coral Merino. I managed to start 2 more bobbins and plied a 4 oz. skein. Wahoo! This week's spinning is off to a very slow start....I didn't spin on Weds. or today. (I was busy with the projects above - so much to do! So little time!)

In addition to the Summer Spinning Challenge, I spun for 3 hours at my Monday night spinning group - concentrating on the blue multi-colored Merino for my mom. I really am a slow spinner.....I didn't even totally fill a bobbin in that time. In my defense, though, I do spin relatively thin yarn.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Wendy DG said…

    The bag is fabulous. The flowers make it especially nice.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Badger said…

    The bag is gorgeous! And the bertie scarf is coming along nicely, I think I may have to join the KAL :)

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have been busy! The bag is beautiful! Noni designs are so bold and unusual. It looks like such a fun pattern to knit :)

    ~SP

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Your Noni bag is gorgeous! I just ordered the pattern. Will you be bringing it on Sunday?

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOw gorgeous! You will, of course, bring it on Sunday so I..er..WE can fondl..er...see it in person, right?

    Lissa

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Sorry.....I won't be bringing it on Sunday...it's on loan as a display. But I will be bringing either a finished or partially done "Bertie" scarf.....it's VERY soft!!!! You'll love it!

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    I love the bag! Adorable!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Oh you make me feel so guilty. I'll call Threadbear and get yarn for the handles on my Noni.

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Ohhhhh.....I didn't mean to make you feel guilty (shame on me!!!!). You're almost done though! You really do need to call Threadbear and get your yarn! Make sure you post pictures when you're done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home