Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Knitting, Spinning, and De-Stashing


I didn't spin on Monday or Tuesday....I needed a break from spinning. Instead, I knitted the parts for the Noni bag called, "Night Garden Felted Evening Bag". The individual pieces are shown here. Now, all I have to do is felt it! (And put it together, of course!)


I then spun for an hour last evening (I've got to keep up with the Summer Spinning Challenge!) I spun my coral colored Merino top again....I think I'm now down to about 1/2 a lb. left to spin! Wahoo! If I can just keep this up, I might actually make a dent in my fiber stash by the end of the summer! The skein in the picture is what I plied on Sunday....I finally got around to taking a picture!


Now, for destashing my yarn. I've joined the "Bertiealong". Bertie has created a gorgeous beaded scarf pattern - Check it out via the adorable duck button on the right. I had some Cascade Success (50% Alpaca/ 50% Silk) that would be just perfect for the project. Yes...the yarn really DID come from my stash. I KNEW I'd find the perfect project for it.....eventually!






And FINALLY, the felted Brainwash Bag is dry! It didn't felt as "solidly" as I'd like, but it felted evenly. Part of the reason may be that I did it using the Faire Isle Method, rather than the Intarsia Method. Here's the picture....

5 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Love the noni bag pieces. I've been looking for knit/felt flower pattens for my Elizabeth bag. Will you be bringing it on Sunday?

    I want to see the Cascade yarn too!

    Elizabeth

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I'll definitely bring it on Sunday - I love having stuff to "show and tell". I hope to have things felted and dried by then as well....so hopefully, you'll see the finished object!

    I don't know if I should bring the Cascade Alpaca/Silk.....it may "disappear" - LOL!!!!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I am doing the exact Noni bag... I have eveything knitted felted except the handles... I ran out of the color I was using for main bag... So I should I send away to Threadbear (ofcourse I didnt get the yarn locally) for the another hank of the bag color OR use the leaf color for the handles like stems

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I thought I was going to run out as well.....I had about 15" to spare when I finished the I-Cord. Thank goodness I didn't leave really long tails on the bag!

    Is "Threadbear" the store in Michigan? If so, that's the place that I'm planning to visit the next time I'm in Michigan. It's supposed to be a WONDERFUL store!

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Karyn - here's the info about Cascade Success:

    50 % Alpaca, 50% silk (I think) - it's VERY soft.

    It's a worsted weight yarn
    5 stitches per inch on a size 7 needle
    123 yards per skein

    Hope this helps!

    (I posted it on your blog too.....just in case)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home