Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, June 16, 2006

Knitting, Spinning, Knit-A-Longs and Teaching

Wow.....I'm going to get real busy real quick.

Knitting......I've got sooooo many projects "screaming" for attention. First, though, I need to finish the felted bag I'm making for a friend. My friend, Paula, is a fabulous artist. She got an idea a few weeks ago that perhaps we could "share" our talents with each other. She loves the felted bags that I've shown her (and knows I've made several myself) and I love the hand painted stools she makes. Soooo......we agreed that she'd make me a stool and I'd make her the felted bag. She's already done with her project, and I'm only partway done! I keep changing how I'm doing it - Faire Isle vs. Intarsia method. I can't decide which gives the better effect. I've ripped it out 3 times so far! ARGH!!!!! I'm so far behind!

In my effort to keep up with my spinning, I signed up for the Summer Spinning Challenge. Spinning every other Monday evening is not keeping up with my stash acquisition. I've set a goal of spinning about 5 hours per week (in addition to my Monday evening spinning). I have to finish the merino for my mom's scarf AND make at least a dent in my stash! Setting goals and sharing them with the others that signed up should help keep me focused and on track!

I've also signed up for the Maple Leaf Sock Knitalong. This is to help whittle down my supply of sock yarn. I'll be trying to use up some of the "plain Jane" sock yarn. Then, I can concentrate on the lovely sock yarn my Secret Pal sent me earlier....as well as the yarn I picked up at "The Fold" and Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'd never done a sock knit along....but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! Also, if I get stuck on the pattern, there are PLENTY of others to help me sort it out. I've got a little bit of time, though, as this doesn't start until July 1st.

To kick off all this craftiness, I'm going to the Potomac Celtic Festival tomorrow and will be one of 4 instructors teaching a workshop on hand-spinning using drop spindles. It should be a lot of fun....plus, I'll get to listen to all the Celtic music and entertainment while I'm there!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't that fun!!! Sorry to have been such a drag (Jinann was very patient as I passed out from heat stroke...), but the workshop was a total blast.

    Love you bunches!!!
    Lissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home