Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wow! Spoiled Again!






















My SP has spoiled me once again.....this time, it's an early birthday present - a felting extravaganza!

Whew....where do I start? The package contained two books: Pursenalities and Vogue Felting on the Go. There was a lovely pattern for a Faire Isle bag tucked inside as well. The bag's really cute....it's a bucket type bag that looks like it will have plenty of room to carry knitting projects.

The really awesome thing is that the package also contained a whole project's worth of wool yarn in all kinds of purple, mauve, and maroon.......so I can just sit down and start on the Faire Isle bag immediately! The wool is "Wool of the Andes" from Knit Picks......I've been wanting to try their felting wool out....and now I have the chance!

There was also a jumbo box stuffed with chocolates .......to keep my "strength up" while I work on the bag. Oh....and these were not just "any chocolates"....they were "Extra Dark" chocolate! And I LOVE dark chocolate!!!!! (It's heart healthy too!)

I can't wait to get started on this! (But, I have to wait.....I'm working on a bag right now for a friend - we've bartered crafts skills.....she's making me a hand-painted stool, and I'm felting her a bag! I love it when things work out like this. Another friend sent me the latest Hedge Hog pattern from Fiber Trends....and I need to make that and post a picture of that as well)

Thanks sooooo much Secret Pal! You're the greatest! You really know how to spoil someone!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday, dear. No one deserves spoiling more than you do!

    Lissa

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - You posted that at 4:54 AM I believe - now I know who to call when I can't fall back to sleep! And I now know your dark chocolate weakness and shall indulge you. The blog is great - really inspired me. I hope to get back to my knitting soon.

    Love, Pamela

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm happy you're happy :) My goodness, you are an early riser! I hope that gave you lots of time to knit in public on Saturday.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL! I believe that blogger is hosted on the West Coast....so the times quoted are Pacific Time. Time here is actually 3 hrs. later.

    I didn't get to do much "knitting in public" on Saturday....but I did work in a yarn shop for a few hours....and hopefully helped inspire others to "knit in public"!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Congrats on all your goodies!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I love full theme packages. I cant wait to see the felted results!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home