Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

I'm so excited! This is my first Secret Pal! I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

Onto business......I tried to figure out how to make my questionnaire answers a small entry where you'd click on a link to bring up the document with the questions/answers rather than have it all show here. In the interest of time, I'll go ahead and just post it here. (The questionnaire was posted on the 2nd....and I just noticed it now....duh!)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I LOVE wool……mostly prefer natural fibers. There aren't fibers I "don't like"....I may not "like" them for garments, but they can be used as edgings, to make accessories, or to provide "interest" in a knitted piece. I can probably find a way to use whatever yarn is thrown my way.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Plastic tub and the ones I’m using (or planning to use soon), in a zippered case that I tote around with me.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A long time….started in high school…..and that was a while ago. Probably somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, but I haven’t kept it very up-to-date.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Cinnamon and vanilla. (Green tea, jasmine, peach, and pear are also nice)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yup…..dark chocolate (it’s one of the main food groups, right???)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Spinning, cross-stitch, felting, needlepoint, just getting into crocheting, making small handmade items – always ready and willing to learn a new skill or craft.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
All kinds with the exception of country music….I have limited “likes” in that area. I like everything else (yes, even Rap and Heavy Metal). Classic Rock, Ska, Alternative, Classical and “old time” Jazz are always good…..geez…..everything!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is my favorite…..and I really like vibrant pinks/blues/teals as well. Deep blue-red (rather than fire-engine red) is good too. Any jewel tone is good as well. There aren’t very many colors I don’t like….what I may not like for a sweater, may look wonderful as an accessory or contrast.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with grown children (college students) and a wonderful dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmmm….it varies from month to month, but lately I’ve been real into felting (mostly bags/purses) or socks. I think I’m hooked on the “instant gratification” that you get from making them.

13. What are you knitting right now?
What a loaded question! I have so many projects going….and so many more planned! On the needles and currently working: chenille flower wash cloth, shawl, Peak Experience Socks, tote bag (knitting is almost complete, then comes the felting.). These are the ones that I’ve been working on at least a little bit in the past week or so. In addition to that, I have a Rowan Cardigan, and 3 sleeveless tops in various stages of completion……and a poncho I need to fringe! (This is so embarrassing…..I have so many others in progress as well! They’re buried somewhere for the moment……I’m sure they’ll surface again soon!)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes! They’re always so special!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo and wood are my favorites…and I mostly use straights. If I’m doing something large (blanket or shawl) or a bag in the round, then I use circs. I don’t really care for plastic needles. For socks, hats, and baby hats, I use double points. I rarely use metal needles….except for Addi Circulars. It really depends on the project and the yarn type.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes...both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
Taught myself. As a leftie, everyone I knew told me they couldn’t teach me ‘cause I was left-handed...so I kept at it and taught myself.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Gosh...20+ years????? (Unless you count the half-made sweater I started in High School and decided NEVER to finish…..bad color choices and WAY out of style.)

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

20. Is there anything that you collect?
I’m a big Betty Boop fan and have several things related to her. Really enjoy “usable” Betty Boop stuff – stationery, sticky-pads, key chains, etc. I also collect old needlework items – old buttons, needles, needle cases, wooden spools (with/without) thread/yarn, etc.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I get most of the magazines…….I’ll have to think about this one a bit. (the books, etc., I usually get myself or from family members for holidays/birthdays – and I’m generally impatient about books that I want! )

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’ve felted by knitting an item and then felting, but I’ve never “felted” the fibers by them selves. I’ve also only tried needle felting once……don’t really know any of the “official” techniques. Any information on how to do with of these would be great!

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes……size 6 ½ to 7

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
06/30

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    Good job getting your questionaire up. And I really like the 2 color action. /nic SP8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home