Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Is There a Doctor in the House?

Could be. I need to digress from my usual "fiber related posts" to share a "Proud Mama" moment. Yesterday morning, I was having a lovely day at the Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers Guild. It was a lot of fun and I met several wonderful people and oggled some gorgeous handwoven shawls, scarves, and napkins. However, the best thing that happened occurred in the middle of the meeting. My daughter called from Michigan State to tell me she'd passed her "Orals", so she's now officially a PhD candidate in Chemistry! Wahoo! I think I'm the proudest mama in the world! She's got 2 years of grad school behind her.....only a few more to go! I am sooo proud!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Congratulations!!!!!
    Also - any time you want to run out to Misty Mountain - give me a holler and we'll go together!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Will do! (I should wait until well after the Maryland Sheep and Wool....to let my wallet recover as well as to let Linda recover!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home