Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Simply Knitting Update

It's been a while since I've posted (waiting on some pictures), so I thought I'd update all on the saga with the "Simply Knitting" magazine at the local Barnes and Noble stores. If you recall, the British magazine, "Simply Knitting", contains a knitting related "freebie" every month. However, it was missing from the March issues at my local Barnes and Noble store (and they merely covered the free gift information on the cover of the magazine with a plain white sticker after I pointed this out to them) . The info desk took a message from me and said they'd let the manager know about the problem and also said that a manager would call me back. No one has called. I e-mailed corporate to let them know about the problem - the automated response said someone would be in touch within 48 hrs. No one has responded.

I just picked up the April issue from my local Barnes and Noble.....and guess what! It's properly packaged with the freebie inside the plastic wrap. Wahoo! I don't know if this is the result of my recent complaints to the store and to corporate, or if it's just a coincidence. Either way, I'm a happy camper this month!

This months "freebie" is the Sirdar Loopa. It's a plastic "U" that is the tool for making loopy scarves (boas) out of yarn. It's not a knitting gadget, but will allow "non-knitters" to create some of the funky scarves that have been all the rage lately.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home