Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Socks! Socks! And MORE Socks!

Whew! I've been busy finishing off unfinished socks and attempting to "destash". I finished a pair of rather thick royal blue socks in Jo Sharp DK wool earlier this year (knitted VERY quickly on size 5 needles....although I started the ribbing of the first sock over 1 year ago!!!!).

I FINALLY finished a pair of Fortissima socks (the self patterning stripey Faire Isle sock yarn). These were done on the size 21/2 double points....so they took a while. These socks have been on the needles for at least 3 years.....one sock was complete and the other was half-way done! It feels soooo good to have finally finished them! My only regret is that I'm not really keen on the colorways....lots of reds and yellows, where I'm a purple and blue person.

I've also nearly completed (doing the toe decrease on the second sock right now) on a pair of Idena Crazy Socks. This yarn has been in my stash for a couple of years. It's pretty much a blue and grey self striping yarn of DK weight. I used the Crazy Sock pattern that was designed for this yarn and didn't really like how they picked up the heel or decreased the toe. I reviewed the Fortissima instructions as well as the instructions for my favorite basic pair of socks (Fiber Trends pattern, "Hellen's Favorite Socks" - using 3/1 rib pattern) and revised the shaping. Had I not ripped out the first sock all the way up to the top of the heel, I'd be done right now but I'm trying not to think about that! These knitted up fairly fast as they used size 4 double pointed needles.

The other SIP (sock-in-progress) is a dark blue with turquoise bits out of Lang's Jawoll. It's a sock yarn that has a very nice hand. The socks are taking forever though because it uses a size 1 1/2 needle. I'm making the 3-1 rib socks that I mentioned above from my favorite Fiber Trends pattern. I have one sock complete....and it fits just beautifully! Hopefully, I'll have completed its mate before the end of the month!


1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Congratulations on completing your socks! Are you going to bring them for show n tell on Sunday? Hope so!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home