Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Maryland Farm Studio Tour

Oh......there's nothing quite as sweet as little lambs in the Spring. My dear friend Lisa invited me to join her on the studio tour. We'd gone a couple of times in previous years and really enjoyed ourselves. Local farmers and artists open their studios to the public. Of course, Lisa and I concentrated on the fiber related studios....Kiparoo Farm and Dancing Leaf Farm.

Kiparoo was lovely...and Annie (the shepherdess) was gracious as always. She's had 200 or so lambs this Spring, so she's been very busy! I don't know where she gets the time to do her fiber artistry on top of this, but somehow she manages. I bought two patterns from her - a sock pattern with a garter stitch heel (I've always made socks with the heel gussett and am ready to try something else) and a pattern for two lovely knitted purses. Of course, I had to buy the yarn to make one of the purses as well!

At Dancing Leaf, I had a real hard time deciding which of the lovely yarns to purchase from Dalis. She really has an eye for color and is a fabulous fiber artist. I knew I'd buy some of her super soft cotton for face cloths, but the selection of handpaints was irresistible! I bought a couple of skeins of her Salsa yarn (in mostly purples.....of course). My other purchase was 3 bundles of roving.....from happy sheep (free range sheep). Again, the colorway was predominantly purple (I'm soooo predictable!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home