Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Party Till the Cows Come Home!

One of the knitting guilds I belong to, Purls of Distinction, has been "dressing" teddy bears for charity. I've already put a sweater on a little teddy bear, but I couldn't resist the "cow family" when Jo Anne donated a bunch of stuffed cows. Then, my friend Elizabeth was trying to get rid of some Caron Simply Soft Boucle. Hmmmm.....I bought some Wendy Snowflake and proceeded to dress my "cow family".

This was a lot of fun to do....and the best part is that these projects go very fast PLUS they go to a good cause! (It's also a great way to use up bits of yarn to "de-stash".)

The bracelet to the right was custom made for me by Kris (Knitty Chick). It fits perfectly! She also sent me a wonderful CD - we played it last Saturday at the yarn shop. The weather was terrible with torrential rains, but the music on the CD was very soothing and relaxing.....the perfect music to knit by! Thanks so much for the wonderful gifts!

Looking at this lovely bracelet makes me think that I too want to get into jewelry making.....no.....must.....stop .....myself. The stash of yarn and fiber is overwhelming enough.....I don't need to add another "acquisition" hobby to my repertoire!



These socks knit up VERY fast...and I love the colors! I used Regia 6 Ply Crazy Color. It's a 75% superwash wool/25% nylon yarn. Again, I used a combination of several sock patterns and used size 4 needles (quite large for knitting socks!).

They are nice and soft and fit perfectly!!!! Too bad summer is nearly here - I'm always barefoot!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those cows are the cutest freakin' thing since...well..the last cutest freakin' thing!

    Congrats on the SuperNik!

    Love,
    Lissa

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Love the cow dresses and socks! I have some of that sock yarn, now I know what it will look like.

    Way to go!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I love the cows too. My old guild used to dress monkeys- cute but a pain in the butt because of the long arms. /SP hostessnic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home