Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fiber Nirvana......aka Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Where do I start! This weekend was the annual Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. What a heavenly place to find "all things fiber". The selection of wools, silks, yarns, fleeces, spinning wheels, looms, and just stuff is AMAZING!!!! My feet are still recovering from all the walking....and multiple trips out to the car with my purchases!

Every year, I reserve the first weekend in May for my annual trek to Maryland. If you've never been, you MUST go! It's fabulous. There are so many vendors for so many things! They come from all over the US, so you get a wide variety of items - from commercial yarns to custom dyed yarns and rovings. You're certain to find a "one of a kind" hand crafted needlework/fiber tool of some sort and at least one unusual "must have" item.

I'm planning to post some pictures here of my purchases - yarn, tools, and fibers. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I bought my spinning wheel this week from Carolina Homespun. Everytime I called them I got the message "on the way to Maryland..." and I was aching to go. ACHING. I'll have to hope that Taos Wool Festival will live up to it. /SP8 hostess nic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home