Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What a Wonderful Day! My Secret Pal is the BEST!!!!


Wow.....here I was in a frenzy preparing for a visit to mom and dad and I got an absolutely fabulous package from my secret pal. She REALLY knew how to spoil me. Everything was perfect! All the packages were wrapped in purple and tied with a purple ribbon. I felt like a kid at Christmas!

Oh the joy when I unwrapped my goodies - they were FABULOUS! The spiral bound journal and bookmark will really come in handy....they're just the right size to fit into the knitting bag! The Tutu yarn is a lush purple with interesting bits of fabric attached. I'm not sure whether to make a scarf, edge a sweater with it, or create a really cool collar for a yet to be designed sweater jacket. Hmmm......so many ideas! So little time!

To keep my strength up, there were some wonderful items from my most important (and favorite) food group - chocolate. There's dark chocolate rasberry truffles, milk chocolate with rum, raisins, and hazelnuts, and cappuccino. That should keep me going for a while.

The final item was some absolutely gorgeous and super-soft "Supersock" yarn from Tess Yarns (which I love!). All of my favorite colors were included, so the socks I make will be just fabulous! The colors are soooo vibrant and the yarn is soooo soft!

The picture I took really doesn't show the full beauty of the yarn.....plus, you HAVE to touch it to get the full effect.....it's YUMMY!!!!

Thanks so much! My Secret Pal is the BEST!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you liked everything. I'm a little surprised that it got to you so quickly, not that I'm complaining :) That skein of Tess Supersock was definately calling your name at Sheep & Wool. What a relief that you hadn't already bought some for yourself...though can you ever have enough squishy sock yarn? I think not!

    Have a great trip!
    ~SP

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    What a haul you got! /nic

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Congrats! Glad you got goodies! Have fun on your travels!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home