Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Summer Spinning Challenge Is Off to a Good Start

Well, so far so good. I'm keeping to my goals for the Summer Spinning Challenge! (And possibly working ahead just a bit! This is a good thing and will make up for any "slow" spinning weeks).

Last night, I worked in a half hour of spinning - again, with the coral colored Merino. I was too tired to do any more than that. The heat and humidity just sap your energy. You know it's bad when you're too tired to spin!

Tonight, I spent two and a half hours working on the blue multi-colored Merino for my mom's scarf. I even plied the two full bobbins for a total of just under 5 ounces of plied yarn! I took the two small bobbins from the Lendrum and plied them using my Louet (I was too lazy to setup the plying head on the Lendrum since I want to spin on the "regular" bobbins Monday night.).

Just as I suspected....the resulting yarn is rather thin. Mom's scarf will definitely take a while to knit....small needles and thin yarn. It's really pretty....and the spun/plied yarn looks even prettier than the roving. I'll try to post a picture of both to show the contrast. I'm not sure how well it will show up on here, but I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home