Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Spin, Span, Spun.........Knit

ARGH!!!! As stated by Robert Burns, "The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay".

Today is the first day of the "Summer Spinning Challenge".....and I ran "full boar" into it - I managed to talk about spinning for about 5 minutes. Did I manage to spin? No. Of course not. I'd planned to, but life and a knitting project intervened.

I'm trying to finish up the felted Brainwash Purse I've been knitting. I have the front and back completed....all ends woven in. The handle (that's also part of the sides and bottom) is complete as well. I've got MOST of it sewn together......so I'm almost ready to start the felting process. Wahoo!

UPDATE!!!! Finished sewing the bag together. The pattern shows the handles being longer, but I did the length as per the directions and put it together as per the schematic.....so keep your fingers crossed!

Here's the requested "pre-felting" photos...don't know why the hanging bag came out so dark:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I tried to spin for half an hour (the first time in my life) and it totally blew. I need your help! (I will send the story and pictures of my personal shame privately to you!)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Don't forget to get a picture pre-felting! We want to see both!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I'll definitely do that!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Looking good! Check it out - I updated my blog too!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    The bag is really cute and so summery. Are you going to line it? I cant wait to see it post felted.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How fun! Fantabulous, dollface!

    P.s. - Amy said nice things about us on her blog...

    Love,
    Lissa

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome swirly bag!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home