Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Blue Multi Merino from The Fold

As promised, here are the "progress" pictures of the blue multi Merino I bought at "The Fold". It's very nice to spin and is producing a wonderful soft yarn. In the first picture, the one on the left, I'm showing a close-up to show the difference between the roving and what I've spun. The roving itself is pretty, but I really like the depth the multi-colors give the yarn once it's spun. The second picture shows the bobbin with a bit of the spun yarn unwound.....to show how fine the singles are.


You can "click" on the photo for a closer view - you'll be able to see the colors of the roving much better that way.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goodness - how scrumptious! Nicely nicely, dear J!

    Lissa

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    WOW that is beautiful. I want to be able to spin beautiful roving in to gorgeous yarn. Yet I am still at the mess side (as you know)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home