Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, June 26, 2006

Very Wet but Very Industrious Days

Since it's raining so much outside, I haven't been able to do much other than knit and spin (Wahoo!!!!). What a wonderful dilemma!

Last night, I spun for 1 1/2 hrs. I finished spinning a bobbin of the coral colored Merino. I then finished my evening of spinning by plying it all together to produce a skein that weighed about 3 3/4 oz. This yarn is not nearly as thin as the blue Merino. However, since my "spinning time" for this particular yarn has spanned a 4 year period (from the summer of 2002 until now), each skein seems to be different - a few are semi-bulky, some are worsted, and some are a DK weight. This is part of the reason I joined the Summer Spinning Challenge. I need to get the each group of roving/fiber spun up around the same time period so I have at least a chance of producing a consistent yarn!

Today, I felted the Brainwash Bag and stuffed it with towels to hold its shape while it dries. I can't wait until it's done drying so I can post a picture. I'm quite pleased with how it came out. As damp and humid as it's been around here, I think the drying process will take a LONG time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home