Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Finished Felting the Noni Bag!

I FINALLY got around to felting the various parts of the Noni Bag. They are currently in the process of drying. I shaped the bag and stuffed it with paper, so hopefully, it will dry in its proper shape. The holes in the petals and the leaves didn't totally fill in, but I like the effect - I think it's more interesting that way.

It will take these a while to dry....and then, I have to attach all the pieces to the bag. I also haven't decided whether or not to bead the leaves and the center of the flower. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Spinning....I completed week 2 of the "Summer Spinning Challenge" and managed to stay on track - 5 1/4 hrs. of spinning. However, week 3 is coming along very slowly. I spun for 1/2 hr. yesterday on my drop spindle, but have not done any spinning today.

Knitting - I started the Bertie Scarf (after stringing all my beads onto the yarn). However, I need to re-do the first row with beads. I went full speed ahead without reading the directions carefully. Yeah....you guessed it....I made a mess of things. Oh, well. That gives me something to do "in my spare time", right? I also started my Maple Leaf socks for the KAL. I started one sock (on size 2 needles out of Lilac colored Wildfoote) and discovered it was going to be huge! So....I started the second sock - this time on size 1 needles. I think the smaller needle will produce a better fitting sock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home