Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, August 21, 2006

More Socks!

Wahoo! I finished one of the "Pretty Petals" socks using the Tess yarn I got from my Secret Pal. It's gorgeous! I love it knitted up! The pattern says to do these on a size 1 needle, but since I knit so loosely, I decided to try it on 0's....and they fit perfectly! I can't wait to finish the other one now! I waited on the 2nd Maple Leaf sock because I desperately wanted to get started on this one so my Secret Pal from SP8 could see them!

The picture is rather dark, so you may not be able to see the detail. I tried to do a close up as well. Hopefully it's clear enough to see the detail. (Remember....you can click on the picture to get a "closer look"). Jeanie Townsend designed the pattern.....she's fabulous!





I also managed to start on the "Fearless Fibers" socks as well - I love how it's striping. I'm using the mock cable pattern from the Fiber Trends pattern, "Hellen's Favorite Socks".

4 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful socks, Jinann! You sure are a speedy sock knitter! The lovely feathery pattern works so nicely with the Tess yarn.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    Lovely socks!

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gosh, you're doing the most amazing socks! I love both patterns as well as the colorlines you used - great!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Hawkesley said…

    I've really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all your lovely knitted socks. I love the Pretty Petals Socks. Do you know where I can get the pattern from?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home