Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pretty In Pink


Wow! What a fabulous and thoughtful Secret Pal I have for Secret Pal 8! She sent me this fabulous package....full of pink things and complete down to the lapel pin ribbon attached to the card! By the way, my mom is doing GREAT! Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!

The knitting needles are from Silver Goose and are just darling! There's a bobbin with a pink ribbon tied around it (Click on the picture to see a larger version....then you should be able to see the bobbin.). It's almost like she's got "ESP" - I collect the old fashioned bobbins.....and even have an hour-glass timer made out of them.

The hand-crafted items are definitely treasures! I've included some up-close photos of the hand crafted items...the big picture didn't quite show enough detail. The large skein of yarn was hand-dyed by my Secret Pal. Keeping with the "pink theme", she's hand crafted some fabulous stitch markers that even fit the size 13 needles! Finally, there's the hand embellished flip-flops (seen in the pictures above). Whew! Where does she find the time!!!!









I've completed my Bertie scarf (picture below) and am continuing to work on my Maple Leaf socks (Sorry....no picture). I finally turned the heel on the first one! I really need to finish them so I can start on my next sock project....the Pretty Petals socks. I haven't decided if I'm going to use the fabulous Tess Yarn that I got from my Secret Pal in May....or if I'll use the Lorna's laces shown below. What a dilemma!










I've managed to work in 8 1/2 hrs. of spinning this past week as well.....and I finished plying the second and final skein of the multi-colored blue Merino for my mom's scarf. (I definitely like the second skein - on the left - better than the first skein that I did.)



***** WARNING TO MY SECRET PAL for SP8 - SPINNING IS ADDICTIVE *****
(I know, this warning is to late.....but since you mentioned the need for a warning, I thought I'd add this to my post.)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's great news about your mom! The bobbin was something I stumbled into at an antique shop in Kentucky. I knew it would have a good home with you :)

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    I'm glad to hear about your mom! Congrats on your SP stuff, looks like you've got "My PINK Heaven"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home