Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Quick Update

This past week has been busy. I've only managed to spin a total of 5 hrs.! I did manage to complete a 4 oz. skein of Blue Faced Leicester. It's certainly not as lofty as the Merino....I think it's because it doesn't have quite the crimp that the Merino does, so it makes a flatter yarn. So far, I have been successful at keeping up with my "Summer Spinning Challenge" commitment.

I've continued a bit more on my Maple Leaf sock (yes, I'm still on the first sock!). I finished the heel and about 2/3 of the foot....only a little more to go before I start the toe decrease.

I've WAY behind on the Pretty Petals socks....haven't even started them yet. And I still haven't decided which yarn to use....Tess's yarn that I got from my secret pal or Lorna's Laces! I'm thinking I'll try....Tess's. The colors will be just GORGEOUS !

Oh....as if I don't have enough "works in progress", I finally started a "mindless knitting" project - a small shawl in Onyx Boucle by Fiesta Yarns. It's black with just a hint of deep green and purple splashed through. (It's so hard to "chat" when we all get together to knit if I'm working on anything too complicated! It seems like I'm always starting a new project so I have something "easy" to knit!)

I'm still trying to identify the perfect project for the gorgeous lilac colored Blue Faced Leicester yarn my "Secret Summer Santa" sent me. I have six 50 g. skeins of DK weight yarn. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love "mindless knitting"! It's a great sense of power to be able to *completely* ignore the half-dozen other projects already on the needles!

    I can't wait to see pretty petals. I'm sure it will look fantastic whichever yarn you pick!

    ~sp

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL!!! Definitely!!! (I've also been working on some face cloths out of Island Cotton....to be paired with handmade soap for Christmas gifts). The face cloths are mindless garter stitch....wahoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home