Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Quick Spinning Update

This past week I spun a bit less than I have in the recent past. I managed to only get in 5 1/4 hrs. total. I logged two hours on the drop spindle (boy do my fingers get tired!!!!). I've decided that I'll continue occasionally on the hand spindle until I have "two spindles" full of yarn....and then I'm going to attempt to ply using the hand spindle as well. That should be quite an adventure!

I've got two full bobbins of the white BFL on Louie (my Louet wheel), so I'll be ready to ply a skein or two again.....whenever I finally find the time to sit down and spin again! Hopefully I'll do that tonight and can post some more pictures tomorrow!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I cant even look at my drop spindle. Doesnt it seem so much slower and more tedious?

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    It not only seems slower, but it IS slower! But, it's so portable and takes up so little space...it's hard to beat that! One girl I know has made some awesome yarn....with ONLY her spindle. She's definitely inspired me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home