Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Luckiest and Most Spoiled Secret Pal EVER!!!!!



I'm speechles..... Oh, my. Where do I start. I have the absolute best Secret Pal - Mia from Maryland (Way Past My Bedtime). I just received yet another FABULOUS package from her. She's totally awesome and truly knows how to spoil someone. She really hones in on what you like (especially Purple, chocolate, and Betty Boop!!!!!). Check out the GORGEOUS Manos yarn in my favorite colors......mmmmm........I think I'll toddle on over to the couch in my fluffy purple flip-flops, plop down and snuggle the yarn, put on the Betty DVD and "taste test" some of the yummy chocolate. Yup....that sounds like a great way to spend the evening!

Mia is also incredibly caring....sending the special "pink" package last month when my mom was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. I believe every package also contained something she'd made or dyed herself....she's incredibly talented! Can you believe the incredible packages I've received???? THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Even my husband was impressed - his comments when he saw the latest package was - "Wow! You got all that from your secret pal? You've got quite a haul....and it's all purple!" He was really amazed at how Mia had catered to all my likes. Mia....you're a fabulous Secret Pal....you've really made my day! Thanks!

Many thanks as well to our fabulous hostess for SP8, Nic (polliwannablog). Our hostess really made this special as well - she always read our blogs and commented frequently. Thanks again! I can't wait until SP9!










On a another note, here's the sock progress so far - finished one "Fearless Fiber" sock and am about to turn the heel of the second one. Tomorrow, I'll cast on for the second "Tess" sock.



And, the requisite spinning picture.....last week, I only logged 5 1/4 hrs.....this week will probably be about the 5 1/2 hrs........I'll know by the end of the night. I did manage to make 2 skeins - and I've filled another bobbin. Once I fill the second bobbin, I'll be able to ply another 2 skeins of Blue Faced Leicester. Wahoo!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Oh thank you! I had a great time with people like you in my group.

    I love reading the reveals. I've been holding these as secrets for so long. I can finally breathe.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    It's been a blast being your pal! SP8 may be history but I'll definitely be dropping by your blog to see what cool things you're knitting (and spinning) up!

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, what a goodie package you received, how great! And I so love how your socks are coming along, these colors are gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home