Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, October 07, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

I had sooooo much fun with SP8! I'm very excited about starting SP9. It should be a blast!

Anyhow, here's the answers to the questionnaire for SP9:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I l
ike most fibers….accessories and trims do best in other than natural fibers. Silks are good too…..there are some fabulous blends with just a touch of silk in them that make them absolutely heavenly!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of zippered needle cases, but others are in a plastic tub. One can NEVER have enough storage!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Hmmmmm….off and on since in High School. Probably somewhere between intermediate and advanced.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yeah, but I usually am not patient enough to wait…..so it’s not really up to date.


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Vanilla and cinnamon. I also like peach, pear, jasmine, and green tea.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

One of the 5 basic food groups – Dark Chocolate! (I believe it’s the largest part of the food pyramid……LOL)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I spin – both with the wheel and spindle. I’ve done cross stitch, needle point, and quilting in the past…..but lately, I’ve been mostly spinning and knitting. I’ve done a bit of crochet as well. Felting has also been great fun. I love learning and trying new things.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

All kinds with the exception of country music….I have limited “likes” in that area. I like everything else (yes, even Rap and Heavy Metal). Classic Rock, Ska, Alternative, Classical and “old time” Jazz are always good…..geez…..everything!


9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is always a good choice for me. I also really like blues. The vibrant pinks, teals, coral, and jewel tones are great too. I love a deep “blue-red” (as opposed to the bright fire-engine red) – for example. I’m not overly fond of oranges and yellows, but I have found some wonderful uses for yarns of any color…..there’s really not any color that I find totally distasteful.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with grown children and a resident Shepherd/Huskie mix. (She’s shedding like crazy right now – DH claims I could “knit another dog” from all the hair she’s leaving around!


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes…..all of the above.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I’m still hooked on the smaller instant gratification projects – shawls, socks, bags……and still have some sweaters and shells in progress!

13. What are you knitting right now?

Oh, boy…confession time. A ladder shawl (kid mohair and “Little Flowers”, a cardigan (in cotton), a fun scarf in pink novelty yarn, two different pairs of socks…..about to start a third one, and a pair of bed socks. I need to start a scarf for my mom out of some hand spun and I need to put together and felt a tote bag I made out of Eco-Wool in bright green. I know there are others….as mentioned in question 12.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Definitely! They’re real special!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo and wood are my favorites…and I mostly use straights. If I’m doing something large (blanket or shawl) or a bag in the round, then I use circs. I don’t really care for plastic needles. For socks, hats, and baby hats, I use double points. I rarely use metal needles….except for Addi Circulars. It really depends on the project and the yarn type…..


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes – both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Gosh…..20+ years????? (Unless you count the half-made sweater I started in High School and decided NEVER to finish…..bad color choices and WAY out of style. (It was bright yellow, light purple, purple, and deep purple – 4 strands of worsted weight yarn on large needles – UGH!!!!)

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas – presents, family, and food. What a combination!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I’m a big Betty Boop fan and have several things related to her. Really enjoy “usable” Betty Boop stuff – stationery, sticky-pads, key chains, etc. I also collect old needlework items – old buttons, needles, needle cases, wooden spools (with/without) thread/yarn, etc.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I get most of the magazines…….I’ll have to think about this one a bit. (the books, etc., I usually get myself or from family members for holidays/birthdays – and I’m generally impatient! )


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Felting – without knitting first and dyeing yarn/roving. I’m also planning to learn how to do “toe up” socks.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes….love to knit socks. I wear a woman’s 6 ½ to 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
06/30


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home