Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, October 16, 2006

Finally! The "Much Promised" Sock Pictures.

Finally, I've managed to take pictures of the socks.....as promised way back in September!

The first socks are called "Fireside Socks" - they're for my mom. She picked out both the pattern and the yarn. The yarn is Iceland Wool, and is a bulky weight.






The second pair of socks are a mock cable - one of "Hellen's Favorite Socks" patterns from Fiber Trends. The yarn is Fearless Fibers in lovely muted tones.






The final pair of socks are the best socks I've ever made - they fit PERFECTLY! I normally make my socks a little bit too loose. These were done on size 0 needles using Jeanie Townsend's "Pretty Petals" pattern out of Tess's Yarn "Super Sock and Baby" yarn that I'd received as a pressy from my secret pal in SP8!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    The socks are gorgeous! Thanks for posting!

    -jody

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Those are good looking socks! It's so nice to see that not only do you spin better than I but you also can whip pair after pair of socks.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Don't sell yourself short! I'm sure your spinning is getting better and better. The brown BFL I just spun was a mess - one bobbin weighed 40 g more than the other....and was spun MUCH tighter.....it was very challenging to ply. A friend of mine just bought a Suzy Pro, so if yours is still "misbehaving", I can ask her for tips.......

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heart your sox. And you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home