Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Very Productive Week....

I had a fabulous week! I got a lot of spinning and knitting accomplished.....and even completed a UFO! Wahoo!

Yesterday, we had our Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza etc. gift exchange at Knit Knutz and I received the most fabulous Fleece Artist hand-painted sock wool in various shades of blue. It's absolutely fabulous! (Thanks Karen!!!!) A few of my friends seemed a bit disturbed by the amount of "cuddling" I did with the yarn, but I couldn't help it! It's such wonderful yarn it "demanded" to be cuddled!

My friend Lisa gave me some fabulous "Shimmer" yarn from Knit Picks - 70% Alpaca and 30% wool. It's absolutely fabulous as well. The colors are wonderful - bright purple, bright turquoise, and bright pink. Yum!









Accomplishments:

1. Finished the Ladder Shawl (out of "Little Flowers" and a lace weight mohair.)

2. Completed several more rows of my mom's scarf in the multi-colored Merino that I hand spun.

3. Completed the knitting of my friend's scarf in dark blue tweedy Inca Alpaca.

4. Completed spinning and plying 3 skeins of the awful blue wool with flecks of denim (aka dryer lint with chunks!).

5. FINALLY started spinning the wool for my "Spin to Knit" Secret Pal - sorry, no details because I don't want to give it away.

6. Contacted my "Bag Swap" secret pal and purchased the bag for the swap. Now, I just need to get the yarn and a pattern! (I also need to pick up a few little "gifty" items as well!)


Oh....here's a "progress shot" of my mom's scarf - I really like how this looks - this is actually the WRONG side, but I like the patterning better on the wrong side!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My, my, my - and how we pouted about not getting to choose which gift we got :)

    Glad you're happy - it was a fun day!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    But that's half the fun of these exchanges......picking which package you'd like! I typically go for the unusual wrapping or shape, so I'd probably have selected the same package. It was just meant to be.....Karen had been tempting me with that yarn earlier.....and it's now obvious that it truly was meant to be mine! LOL!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trust the Force, Luke!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is your Shimmer the Stained Glass colourway? *squints* Looks like it... I have some too and it really is gorgeous.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Yes...it is! (I had to check the label....LOL!) I LOVE the colorway!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home