Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Spinning Fun

I had a blast last night with some former co-workers and spinning friends. We had a major "show and tell" of our various works in progress. There were 8 of us all together! Half of us were knitting, and half were spinning. I considered this my celebration of "St. Distaff's Day" since it was the first day that I got together with spinning friends in the New Year.

I continued to work on my skein of handspun for the "Spin to Knit" exchange....I have to finish it and set the twist by the end of the week so I can ship it out next week. This should be easy since I'll be getting together with another group of spinning friends tomorrow! Oh....tomorrow, I'll also get to see my friend Danielle's new spinning wheel - her first! Wahoo!

On the knitting front, I haven't really made any more progress on my WIPs...and no, I've not started my sister's bedsocks! On the other hand, I've almost got my final package together for my SP9 Secret Pal. It's hard to believe it, but the exchange will be over at the end of the month! Then comes the long wait for SP10!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boy, missy!! You have been busy! :)

    It's only the 10th as well!!! :)

    I'm impressed with the spinning and knitting meets that you've had.. wanted to say the pressies you showed in your last post are fab!

    I want a spinning wheel too. Soon. But I seriously have to make a dent in my stash first.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL....I work best under pressure. I still have MANY WIPs and UFOs to contend with (in addition to all the swap stuff.....).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home