Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, July 07, 2014

Lisa....Designer Extraordinaire!


And the birthday celebration continues.....

Lisa designed and sewed this awesome needle case for my birthday.  It's beautifully made and the fabric is gorgeous!   




I need to find more of my needles so I can properly "show off" the needle case and fill in the empty slots!  The majority of the needles I can find  are happily “pre-occupied” in my various WIPs.  I know I have a bin of my spare needles, somewhere!   I knew where they were at the old house, but I haven’t uncovered their hiding place here!  Just one more hazard of moving!


  

Anyhow, there are graduated slots for my DPNs (left)….and a flap to cover them and keep them safe (right).




And another set of graduated slots for my 9-14” needles….and a flap to cover them as well.
 Then, you just roll it shut and tie it as shown in the first picture.   It’s absolutely gorgeous!   
  

I have another one in purple brocade that she made me a few years ago from a pattern, but this one was totally her own design.   I feel extremely spoiled ….. Lisa has made me two fabulous needle cases…and she has yet to make one for herself!  (I had purchased a pattern a while back to make these but after looking at it, realized it was a bit complex and opted NOT to make one!   Lisa is fearless…like I mentioned, she made my first one from a pattern…. but this one, she designed herself. 

Thanks Lisa! 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home