Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lacey Face Cloths and a Winged Dragon Wash Cloth


This was evidently the "Month for Face Cloths" - I've made 5 of them so far....and am nearly done with a sixth.   I feel like a knitting fool!   I do like the immediate gratification that I get from smaller projects.    The sense of accomplishment, etc. is definitely a mood booster.   In fact, I've been knitting for about 30-45 minutes every morning before work.  I find that it relaxes me and puts me in a good mood.   Definitely a great way to start the day!

On to the details.  First off, I made some lacey face cloths for gifts and one for myself - all to be paired with some handmade soaps.   I really like this pattern - it's pretty, yet simple.   The perfect feminine face cloth!   The designer has labeled it as a dish cloth, but I personally think ti's too pretty for a dish cloth and have dubbed mine, face cloths.



The pattern is the "Baby Fern Stitch Dishcloth" by Vaunda Rae Giberson. I used "I Love This Cotton" from Hobby Lobby on size 7 needles.   I love how these face cloths turned out!

The next pattern I tackled was the "Dragon Dishcloth" designed by Susan Bowlby.  I love the raised pattern of the winged dragon on this cloth.....very Medieval and a nice addition to my rather plain dish cloths.  I love the subtlety of the design done totally in one color, relying on stitch differences to display the pattern.   It's almost too pretty to use for dishes!   It's a bit over-sized....I think that's the second advantage of this pattern...it makes a nice oversized dish cloth. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home